5th Annual Chili Cook-Off
Toys for Tots
Make plans to be at RiverView on Saturday, October 29, 2016 for our 5th annual chili-cook off benefiting Toys for Tots!
- Vote for YOUR favorite chili or bring your team and enter ($25 per team)
- Chili not your speciality? We also have a CAKE contest ($10 entry)
- Camping available - Call soon for your reservation
- $10 admission or a new, unwrapped toy of equal value
- Vendor spaces available
For more information call 580-296-VIEW (8439)
Click Here to Register
Registration forms can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to us
at 300 S. Dickson Drive, Colbert OK 74733 or delivered to our office.
Vendors & Cooks Set-Up - 7am
Gates Open - 9am
Tasting 12pm - 3pm
Award Presentation - 4pm
- Cooks Meeting at 7AM in the Rally Room with setup immediately following.
- No vehicle traffic in or out of the cooking area after 7:45AM. You may have one (1) vehicle at your cooking site.
- Judging and tasting from Noon until 3PM with winners announced at 4PM.
- A $25 entry fee is required.
- RiverView will provide spoons and cups for the attendees to taste the chili.
- Attendees will rate their three favorite chilis and cakes (with 1 being their 1st favorite, 2 being their 2nd favorite, and 3 being their 3rd favorite) on the provided score card. All scores are final, and awards will be presented for both the chili and cake prizes.
- The contestant is responsible for supplying tables, chairs, or other cooking utensils and supplies needed. We do encourage you to have a fire extinguisher on hand. Contestants are also encouraged to bring shelter (tarps, canopies, etc.).
- The contestant is responsible for supplying their own cooking means. Gas (propane) or electric only, no wood or coal burning stoves.
- Contestants are encouraged to name their chili and decorate their booth. The attendees will also be scoring for best booth. Have fun and be creative, but remember this is a family event! No nudity, lewdness, firearms, explosives, pyrotechnics, offensive displays, or excessive noise and music please.
- A minimum of 4 quarts (1 gallon) of chili must be cooked.
- Chili must be cooked and prepared on site the day of the event (cakes should be made in advance) in the open (no RVs, closed tents, etc.). No ingredient may be precooked in any way with the exception of the meat. No commercial mixes. Only edible ingredients may be used. You must be willing to taste your own chili or cake.
- Everything must be prepared in a sanitary manner. Chili must be kept at a minimum of 140 degrees and covered when not serving. Cooking conditions are subject to inspection.
- Contestants may not give out samples until after 3pm and judging is over.
- Each contestant will be assigned a number to be displayed.